Please first review the syllabus which is available in the menu (above) and then watch the video using the link below:
- Introduction to MIS5206 Grading, Readings and Assignments Video [please note that the correct date of the final exam date shown in the Video (Webinar) is June 3rd]
In this course you will learn key concepts and components necessary for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) of information assets. You will gain an understanding of the importance and key techniques for managing the security of information assets including logical, physical, and environmental security along with disaster recovery and business continuity.
The first half of the course, leading up to the mid-term exam, will focus on Information Security Risk Identification and Management. The second half of the class will cover the details of security threats and the mitigation strategies that are used to manage risk.
- Gain an overview of the nature of information security vulnerabilities and threats
- Learn how information security risks are identified, classified and prioritized
- Develop an understanding of how information security risks are managed, mitigated and controlled
- Gain experience working as part of team, developing and delivering a professional presentation
- Gain insight into certification exams and improve your test taking skills