1. KPMG is one of the big 4 accounting firms. They are a large company with a global presence. I will be working in the Audit Technology department in the Philadelphia office.
2. My responsibilities in this role will include the following:
• Work as part of the audit engagement team to support the use of Data and Analytics (D&A) in the audit including data extraction and analysis. Work with a range of technologies and data analysis tools, including SQL, MSBI Suite, IDEA, Excel, Alteryx, Qlikview, and Power BI.
• Communicate with audit engagement teams the technical implications of D&A tools, including extraction of data, processing of data, and delivery of audit reports
• Work with the audit engagement teams to identify the scope of D&A capabilities used in the audit, review of data-driven reports, and understand the insights gained in the audit and how the analysis is used to plan and execute the audit.
• With appropriate guidance, collaborate with client technology team to understand the technical configuration of the client’s environment, and discuss the technical implications of performing the data extractions and further analysis needed.
• Learn to prepare clear, well-structured, and effective audit documentation for data processing procedures and data validation, including being meticulous and organized in capturing and documenting accurate status of data processing and delivery throughout the D&A lifecycle
3. This job relates directly to my MIS major, as well as my finance major. I will leverage my programming and technical skills that I learned from all of my MIS classes, as well as my financial knowledge in order to adequately perform the job duties.