Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Data analytics
  • Database administration
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1045 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Summer Internship 2016

Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia — Summer Internship 2016

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that help with making sure our nation has a safe, flexible, and stable monetary and financial system.  During the summer of 2016, I worked in the Supervision, Regulation, and Credit (SRC) department as their Business Technology Services (BTS) Intern.

As their Business Technology Services Intern, I was assigned to work closely with a Business Analyst and help her with three different projects.  Some of my tasks included writing documentation such as data models, test scripts, and requirements.  Furthermore, I was also in charge of building SharePoint sites and redesigning them to make it more accessible and easier to use for the bank employees.  Before my internship ended, I was required to present a user training session in which I made my own powerpoint that explained how to use the SharePoint sites I created and each of the special functions the pages had.

From working this internship, I learned that a company’s organizational culture is a great driver for hard work.  The Fed has a very happy and energetic culture.  Every single employee is always walking around the halls with bright expressions.  One the days where I would be stressed out from work, my mood would immediately change the moment someone greeted me with a big smile.  It is important to work around others with a positive energy because it encourages you to do the same and work hard.

Another thing that I learned from the Fed is that you should always be willing to listen to other people’s ideas and also be open to learning new things.  For example, I first thought documents had to be strictly written in one certain way that I never asked for help because I thought I had the “right” solution.  I wrote documents (such as a requirements document and scope document) the same exact way I learned it in my MIS classes that I refused to use any template that was given to me.  After much trial and error, I decided to listen to others and learn how to use other templates and found out that each job could be done a different way and even easier.

Skip to toolbar