This summer I had to privilege to intern at AmerisourceBergen for 10 weeks working with the IT Governance team. The IT Governance team is made up of the Quality Assurance, Change Management, and Compliance departments.
In my role I performed a lot of data analytics on Governance related metrics, created data visualizations to describe my findings and presented these findings to my team and the VP of Governance in many cases.
- Assisted in brainstorming initiatives for the next physical year to drive improvement
- Revoked account accesses for users no longer needing access on a console admin tool
- Was trained in MS-Access and created databases, forms and reports in it to submit and analyze data.
- Created an animation to represent the Service Transition phase of ITIL (intern project)
- Created distribution lists in MS-Excel
- Was trained in ConnectNow to analyze change requests
- Assisted coworkers in MS-Excel, specifically in creating advanced formulas and calculations based on their needs.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation provides drug distribution and related services designed to reduce costs and improve patient outcomes. AmerisourceBergen is a market leader in pharmaceutical distribution handling about 20% of all of the pharmaceuticals sold and distributed throughout the US and recently has ranked 11th on the Fortune 500 list. In terms of revenue the firm is the largest based in Pennsylvania.