- Technological Specialist- TPR Homes
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- Assisted Tenants with their Technological needs (Setting up Router, Cable TV, Appliances, Cameras, Etc.)
- Observed, Managed, and made additions to TPR’s Website
- Assisted Steve Pizzola (property manager and boss) with any technological issues and needs that needed to be taken care of.
- Communicated with Tenants regarding any issues they needed resolved
3. Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Updated the design of TPR’s website to give the user of the site a better experience.
- Communicated with tenants one on one through TPR’s patient portal.
- Helped install Camera’s at the doors of dozens of Tenants houses throughout the entire summer.
- Assisted Tenants with setting up router’s, TV’s, and technological appliances.
4. What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
Throughout my internship with TPR, I learned how to manage & install technology, communicate with clients, maintain and design websites, and I also gained a great amount of experience that relates to my major. Updating the design and integrity of TPR’s website helped me gain more knowledge about UX. It also helped me to understand and get more used to working in a hands-on setting like many of the classes try and teach at Temple. Physically handling and installing several technological pieces also helped me grasp a deeper understand of how they work. Overall, my internship with TPR Homes was a major success, and I believe what I learned throughout the summer will translate into the classroom and more importantly, into the real world.