Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2019
- Name of sponsoring organization
- Details of the activity (e.g., where, when)
- It is a hackathon that is hosted every year by UPenn’s Women in Computer Science club. It took place at the Pennovation Center.
- What you learned
- I learned how to utilized GitHub, a collaboration tool programmers use to work on code simultaneously. It’s like a Google Docs for programming. I’ve also honed my skills in HTML/CSS. As our project, we created a website application called TechFundMe that is a platform for university organizations connect with small to medium businesses around the area.
- How the activity relates to coursework or your career goals
- This activity exemplifies innovation in less than 24 hours. I transferred my skills from MIS 3501, MIS 3502, and MIS 3506 to brainstorm hackathon ideas and make them come to life through code.
- Link to our submission