Erin Ebling

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

During the summer of 2019, I had the opportunity to work for Merck & Co. Merck is a multinational, Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. I had the chance to work at their Upper Gwynedd site in Human Health IT in the U.S. Oncology division. Working in that division, I worked on their data science team, having the opportunity to run analytics that supported sales and marketing. Throughout my time, I worked closely with other members of the team running analytics in order to help the marketing team improve sales. One specific project I worked on was the relationship that different demographics have on a person using a chemotherapy drug versus an immunotherapy drug. We wanted to know how we could get patients to choose immunotherapy as their first line of treatment, since Merck’s main oncology drug, Keytruda, is an immunotherapy treatment.  While working through these different questions and problems, I was able to utilize my skills learned in Data Analytics and Data Science. Working in RStudio and SQL every day, I was able to refine my technical skills while also using my data visualization skills to be able to relay my message to the business side of the company.

Professional Achievements

• WORK EXPERIENCE 1
  • PARTICIPATION 13
    • Assist at a department sponsored eventSpring 2019

• Fox IT Career FairFall 2018, Fall 2019

• Other Career FairSpring 2018, Fall 2018

• IBIT small group meeting with industryFall 2017, Fall 2018

• National AIS CompetitionSpring 2018

• Advance to finals of AIS NationalsSpring 2018

• AIS Mentorship ProgramFall 2018, Spring 2019

• AIS Speaker Series TrackFall 2018, Spring 2019

• ATTENDANCE 8