This Year
No Points
Total
1715 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

2019 Intern – IT Emerging Talent Program

During the summer of 2019, I had the opportunity to work for Merck & Co. Merck is a multinational, Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. I had the chance to work at their Upper Gwynedd site in Human Health IT in the U.S. Oncology division. Working in that division, I worked on their data science team, having the opportunity to run analytics that supported sales and marketing. Throughout my time, I worked closely with other members of the team running analytics in order to help the marketing team improve sales. One specific project I worked on was the relationship that different demographics have on a person using a chemotherapy drug versus an immunotherapy drug. We wanted to know how we could get patients to choose immunotherapy as their first line of treatment, since Merck’s main oncology drug, Keytruda, is an immunotherapy treatment.  While working through these different questions and problems, I was able to utilize my skills learned in Data Analytics and Data Science. Working in RStudio and SQL every day, I was able to refine my technical skills while also using my data visualization skills to be able to relay my message to the business side of the company.

Skip to toolbar