This Year
No Points
Total
1076 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Enhanced Experience

Project Management Office Intern at AmerCareRoyal, LLC.

During the summer in between my junior and senior year at Temple University, I had the opportunity to serve as a PMO intern at AmerCareRoyal, LLC., a wholesale distributor for the restaurant and foodservice industry. Working with people in their IT department was the best experience I could have received, having the hands-on experience and knowledge of others to guide you to make decisions on a logical basis of facts is what I found to be the key takeaway. Everything must be simplistic and everything must be easily communicated enough to the point where everyone outside of the IT department can also understand it. Serving as a liaison, is the utmost importance. Working with the Project Manager at ACR showed me that meeting the demands of scope, time and cost are important. Helping with projects at ACR was the best thing I did there, as I was given ownership of deliverables in some instances, invited to meetings constantly, included on daily calls, and asked for input. Taking responsibility and managing my time it was the best thing I got out of this experience, and it’s something school cannot provide, you can only find it in an actual job setting.

Skip to toolbar