Community Platform
Interests
  • Cyber-law
  • Cyber-security
  • Data analytics
  • Entrepreneurship
This Year
No Points
Total
1095 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

IOS Student Worker

Starting in November 2013, I’ve had the opportunity to work as a part-time student worker for IOS (Infrastructure, Operations, and Security) in Computer Services on 7th floor Wachman Hall.  I was made aware of the position through the IT Career Fair held in Alter Hall last October.  I have performed a variety of tasks since I have started there for many different employees of computer services.  These tasks have included:

-taking inventory of servers in the Wachman Data Center and Joint Data Center, while sometimes installing a new server or retiring an older one

-help with delivery of new computer equipment for the data center

-replacing, labeling, and tracing fiber cables

-performing technology accessibility audits for the disabled in classrooms around campus

-experimenting with Perl, HTML, and PHP code to display on test webpages

-assisted student move in day in the dorms with computer trouble shooting

-moved files from old computer services website to a new site with more functionality

Working there has allowed me to received excellent firsthand experience in a variety of subjects related to my major, MIS.  I have met some great individuals who work here at Temple, and am thankful for the opportunity to continue doing so as I wrap up my junior year.

Skip to toolbar