This Year
No Points
Total
1050 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Children’s Hospital Of Philadelphia: IS Summer 2015 Intern

In the Summer of 2015, I joined CHOP for their Full time IS Co-op/Internship Program. CHOP is a nonprofit hospital that is devoted and specializes only in the care of children. As an intern in the Information system department, I was excited to learn new things but also wanted to gain valuable experience while working with an nonprofit organization. I was dealing with new and upcoming IT trends related to healthcare while also working on projects given by my preceptors. I worked with two departments, Device Administration break/fix and Emergency Preparedness. In Device administration I learned how to support the devices used in the hospital and in Emergency Preparedness I learned how to use the platform “Everbridge”  CHOP uses to send emergency alerts to their employees. My experience here relates to my major because I learned hands-on on how to troubleshoot a situation when a device that is used with in the hospital everyday starts to fail. I also get to see how IS technicians work as a team to solve a big issue in the shortest time possible.  Overall, I learned how my preceptor works to manage a team of smart individuals and utilize their skills in the most efficient way while still forming a good relationship with each other. Ultimately, my time at CHOP was enjoyable, I learned plenty of valuable information, and I hope I get an opportunity to be back at CHOP.

Skip to toolbar