This Year
No Points
Total
1010 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

SAP Summer Internship 2016

During the summer of 2016 I worked at SAP in their Development Shop.  I worked along side a solutions engineer to help develop prototypes for presales.  Throughout my internship I was able to participate in two major projects.

The first project involved connecting a 3D printer to SAP’s network in order to be able to print remotely.  The project was based off of preexisting software that was used for AC repair companies that ran on SAP software.  The scenario involved an AC repair company receiving a request for a broken AC unit.  Upon inspection the repair man/woman realizes the part needed to fix the AC unit can be printed with the 3D printer.  Instead of going through a manufacturer, the repair man/woman can simply have the part printed on site for much quicker and cheaper.  For the project, I had to configure a RaspberryPi to communicate with the 3D printer.  I then had to write a small Python application that allowed users to send print jobs from any location in the building.  The program created a mock user experience for the repair company employees.

For my second project, I showcased SAP’s technology through their SAP Harley Davidson Ride For Veterans.  Once a year SAP holds their Harley Davidson Ride For Veterans in which motorcyclists start at SAP and ride to the Harley Davidson factory in York, PA.  The project involved extracting data from the Harley Davidson engine in real time and displaying it using SAP’s software.  In this project the team I worked on did the following assignments.  We first had to build a custom cable that connected directly into a port on the bike.  The cable then connected to a wifi-adapter that the phone in the rider’s pocket would connect to.  The next piece involved building an iPhone application that would take the data and send it into SAP’s Hana database.  The last piece involved building a UI5 application that used SAP HANA’s real time analytics to display the data being extracted from the engine(RPM, Speed, Engine Temperature, etc.)

Skip to toolbar