This Year
No Points
Total
1065 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 4596 Capstone

For my final project in MIS 4596 myself as well as my team members were given a unique opportunity to work with the CIO of AmerisourceBergen to develop a solution to patient medication non-adherence.  Before working on this project I was unaware how serious of an issue this was and it was an interesting project to work on.  My team was tasked with developing a business process and solution to help increase patient adherence.  Throughout our research, we discovered that this problem not only affects the patient, but doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies as well.  There are approximately $300 billion dollars in costs related to non-adherence annually.  With nearly 51% of insured American’s taking at least one medication, 80% of them make errors when taking their medications.  These numbers and statistics show how serious of an issue this is within our country.

We analyzed various solutions that are out on the market currently in an effort to help resolve this issue.  We put together a smart medication packaging solution along with a new business process that will benefit patients, doctors, insurance companies, and pharmacies.  Data is collected and sent to everyone involved along the way to ensure patients are aware of what medications they are taking and doctors are kept up to date on when patients receive, refill, and take their medications as prescribed.  This new process will help save and reduce costs in relation to patient non-adherence.  Lastly, the data collected throughout the process can be used to help tailor insurance coverage to patients  while also assist in researching more non-adherence patterns to help further resolve this issue in the future.

For more information on our project please visit our website.  Here we have our documents we created for the project along with our final presentation slideshow.

Skip to toolbar