Total
1125 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Summer 2014

CareCam Health Systems

CC-color.001-001

During the 2014 summer, I worked at CareCam Health Systems. CareCam is a relatively new company that is developing a patient driven chronic care management system that is done through the internet and an Android or Apple mobile device. By developing this system, CareCam hopes patients with chronic diseases will better manage their conditions. Which will improve a patients’ overall health, leading to few doctor and hospital visits.

While at CareCam Health Systems, I worked in QA and software development. For the QA portion of my job, I was responsible for testing the performance of newly created code. For example, if the performance requirements stated that saving an activity, from start to finish, could not take more than 2 seconds then I was in charge of testing that. I was then required to log the results and either pass the test or mark it as failed and send it back to development for further analysis on why the code was running slow. For the Software development portion of my job, I performed unit tests that determined whether code ran properly. Although similar to the performance testing I was doing to in QA, this job focused on whether or not the code was functioning properly, not how fast the code was running. TO do this I had to learn Microsoft Visual Studios, C#, and Selenium. After learning this, I developed test that would assess the functionality of the code. If the test passed, it was recorded and the next test would run. But if the test failed, I work note it and then meet later with development so we could determine what the problem was. I learned many things from doing these two jobs. By learning Microsoft Visual Studios, C#, and Selenium I significantly increased my technical capabilities. But beyond that I gained valuable experience on how to efficiently communicate with people in a business setting. It also taught me how to stay organized and prioritize work assigned to me. This internship also allowed me to network which will hopefully help me in the future. Overall, the experience at CareCam Health Systems allowed me to build on the foundation of skills that Temple’s MIS program taught me.  It has improved my business capabilities and I will use what I learned in my future business endeavors.

If you would like more information on CareCam Health Systems please click on the logo above.

• WORK EXPERIENCE 2
Skip to toolbar