Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020
- Name of sponsoring organization
- Philly Startup Leaders/Linode
- Details of the activity (e.g., where, when)
- On Wednesday May 8th 2019 from 4pm to 8pm at The Fillmore Philadelphia
- What I learned
- I learned about a lot of tech start ups and companies around Philadelphia. There were around 140 companies attending. Not all of them were start ups which was surprising, several were at least 5 years of age and they are looking to hire for talent from attendees or get noticed by investors who came mostly to look at whats new. I recognized a few investors/venture capitalists from attending a couple pitch events.
- How the activity relates to coursework or your career goals
- I networked with employers as well as peers in the startup world that could eventually lead me to a potential employment opportunity.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.