MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Field Quality Assurance Internship at Subaru of America

About Subaru of America

• Founded in 1968
  • U.S. Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Subaru Corporation of Japan
  • Subaru’s cars: reliability, traction and “active safety”
  • Subaru’s product line: Impreza, WRX, STI, BRZ, Legacy, Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek.
  • Markets and distributes vehicles, parts, and accessories through a network of 630+ retailers across the US.

My role at Subaru:

• I interned at Field Quality Department (FQA).
  • FQA deals with claims and cases from retailers, dealerships, CRS regarding customer vehicle’s quality issues. My team makes sure the quality of the vehicles meets the standard -> retain and attract more customers, who trust in our marketing brand: “making safety cars”.

SUMMER 2019:

My internship could be divided into 4 main tasks:

• Analyzed claims and assess how big a specific issue is using analytics tools (R-studio, OracleBI). Generated dashboards and dashboards/reports from these tools.
      • Assisted in quality assurance projects, system enhancement project
      • Documented claim analysis procedure for easy reference in the future.
      • Brainstormed, attended meetings with IT to develop a new app for claims retrieval & analysis. Tested, compared and contrasted between old and new underdevelopment app.

FALL 2019:

• Validated and tested the beta version of new claim analysis applications for the FQA team using projects assigned by FQA manager. Documented test scripts. Analyzed issues if the applications do not return expected results.
      • Joined meetings with IT and discussed about changes to be made or new suggestions. Act as a bridge between IT and FQA to help with documenting requirements
      • Assisted the FQA manager in quality assurance projects as assigned.
      • Researched and identified areas that system/applications could be improved through the process of testing/using applications.
      • Understood the department’s business needs and workers’ demands/concerns regarding the system/applications in order to come up with ways to enhance them.

How this internship relates to what I learned in school

• Were able to apply  some of the techniques and skills from MIS classes to my daily work:
    • ETL techniques from Data Analytics class to clean, process, manipulate data
    • UX approach from MIS 3580 to further improve the interface of applications
    • Flash research papers from MIS 2501 for new software proposal
    • Business analysis from MIS 3506 to gather requirements needed for developing a new app
  • Excel skills from BA 2401 is fully utilized.

• ACTIVITIES 1

Skip to toolbar