Here is a short clip explaining how relative cell references differ from absolute cell references in Excel.
Here is also a link to my Excel demo spreadsheet.
Here is the link to the reading quiz due 10/16:
This video demonstrates differences between a relational database and an Excel spreadsheet for storing data:
Here are some of my favorite horror stories how things went wrong due to bad data:
Submit your cleaned Excel dataset using this form for bonus points to your grade.
Submit your i) completed Tableau workbook, and ii) answer sheet using this form by the end of Wednesday, 10/11:
Here are the extra office hours for those who need help with the individual assignment.
- Friday, 10/6. 2-3.30pm, Zoom: https://temple.zoom.us/my/aleksi
- Monday, 10/9, 5.30-6.30pm, Speakman Hall 206D
- Tuesday, 10/10, 3-5pm, Speakman Hall 206D
- Thursday, 10/5, 2-3pm, Speakman Hall 208i
- Monday, 10/9, 2-3pm, Speakman Hall 208i
- Tuesday, 10/10, 2-3pm, Speakman Hall 208i
- Friday, 10/6, 11am-noon, Alter Hall 604B breakout room
- Monday, 10/9, 2-4pm, Alter Hall 604G breakout room
- Wednesday, 10/11, 2-3pm, Alter Hall 240G breakout room
The study guide for exam 1 is here.