Section 004, Instructor: Mark Sabat

Weekly Question #9: Complete by April 13, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on April 13, 2017.

Leave a post about your group project:

1. What is the subject of your group project?
  2. Which of your fellow scholars are in your group?

Only one group member has to make the post (only one post per group), but for your other group members to get credit they need to be mentioned in the post.

22 Responses to Weekly Question #9: Complete by April 13, 2017

• https://journalofbigdata.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40537-017-0066-7

This article is interesting because with data there is so much you can do. Social media data most times is used to see how consumers react to products, programs, places, and activities. It impacts decision making within large management companies. Social media is fairly new but it is a really great tool.

• 1. The subject of our group project is college majors.
    2. The fellow scholars that are in my group are LaTia Davis, Rachel Henry, Peyton Andrews, Rayanna Ruani, Ayooluwa Ariyo and Monali Patel(myself).

• 1. Although we haven’t decided exactly what we will do, we know it will be based on economics and finance . We might pick something like the gender wage gap since there are a lot of arguments and statistics for it .
    2. María D’Apollo, Jack Hanson, Carlos Delgado and me

• 1. My group has not yet decided on a topic. We can let you know at the beginning of next week if need be
    2. My partners are myself, Priyavrat, Anangisye, Max Bautista, and Tim Rosenhoover

• The subjects within our group project will be “College Majors”. My fellow group members are Monali Patel, Peyton Andrews, Rayanna Ruani, and Ayooluwa Ariyo.

• 1. Our group is going to analyze the store data from 45 Wal-Mart Stores (https://www.kaggle.com/c/walmart-recruiting-store-sales-forecasting/data)

2. Benjamin Thomas, Samantha Sederstrand, Tyler Velez, Rob Ritrovato

• 1) Our topic will be Parking Tickets in Phialdlephia
    2) My group partners are Sreyas Kulakarni, Connor McLarney, Artur Muzyka, and Taylor Peluso.

• I am working with Tyler Velez, Benjamin Thomas, Samantha Sederstrand
    our project will be done on Walmart store data.

• 1) Our topic will be Parking Tickets in Phialdlephia and the PPA
    2) My group partners are Sreyas Kulakarni, Vasil Vasilev, Artur Muzyka, and Taylor Peluso.

• ) Our topic will be Parking Tickets in Phialdlephia
    2) My group partners are Sreyas Kulakarni, Vasil Vasilev, Artur Muzyka, and Taylor Peluso.

• 1.) Our topic will be access to fresh produce by neighborhood/income bracket in Philadelphia
    2.) My group partners are Marie Kabanga, Dianne Ogalesco, Lillian Gerczyk, Felix Wu

• 1: Our topic is parking tickets in Philly
    2: My group members are Vasil Vasilev, Artur Muzyka, Connor McLarney and Sreyas Kulakarni

• 1. The subject of our project focuses on variables that may affect voters during election years.
    2. My group members are Ryan Tempestini, Cole Krug, Jim Dwyer, Haley Sienkiewicz, and Taylor Thomas.

• The subject my group will focus on is the available housing in Philadelphia.
    Our group members are Shruthi Shyamala, Loran Garnett, Andrew Pischke, Gillian McGoldrick, Shannon Mcdermott, and Sarah Roberston

• The subject of my group is different types of crime rates in America.
    Group members :- Anangisye Chotela, Makena Hillman, Max Bautista, Tim Rosenhoover

• Subject: Access to Farmer’s Markets in Philadelphia by Neighborhood

Group Members: Marie Kabanga, Emma Greenley, Felix Wu, Dianne Ogalesco, Lillian Gerczyk

• Subject: Is to find the averages of nba players by position.
    Group Members: Asim Ciceksay; Darien Bennett : Shefali Kakarlapudi: Virag N. Maniar

• Subject: Access to and utilization of healthcare by state.
    Group: Caitlyn Cignarella, Adam Lerro, Andrew Bertz, David Moyer, Linh Tran.

• Our subject is trends in political opinions put up against national events
    Group Members: Greta Anderson, Kevin Pisciella, Michaela Althouse, Sujen Timila, and me (Thomas Duke).

• Our topic is the amount of parking tickets in Philly.

Group members: Vasil Vasilev, Artur Muzyka, Connor McLarney, Taylor Peluso

• Our group will be focusing on the hosuing area in Philadelphia.

Our group is:
    Shruthi Shyamala, Loran Garnett, Andrew Pischke, Shannon Mcdermott, and Sarah Roberston

• My group will be discussing the wage gap between genders throughout the U.S.
    Our group is: María D’Apollo, Jack Hanson, Carlos Delgado and Anthony Panza.

Leave a Reply to Andrew Pischke Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Office Hours
Mark Sabat (instructor) 2:30-3:30pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Speakman Hall 207h or by appointment.
ITA information
Michael Miller (ITA) By appointment only. Email: tuf88838@temple.edu