MIS 2101.005 – Varghese Thomas – Fall 2016

Varghese Thomas

Learn IT#3 – The Analytics challenge + AIS

As you know, this year’s Analytics Challenge has kicked into high gear. The challenges are announced, and the 10/28 deadline will be here before you know it. Many excellent workshops that have been scheduled to help equip students for the challenge.

Here are *all* the workshops: http://ibit.temple.edu/analytics/workshop-schedule/

Please note that two of those workshops are being hosted/arranged by the AIS student organization.

· Data Visualization Using Microsoft Excel on Friday 10/14
· Making Sense of Data Using PowerBI on Friday 10/21

I am highlighting these two workshops in particular because #1 they promise to be excellent and #2 they are a great opportunity for students to not yet AIS members to get some exposure to the organization (and every MIS major should seriously consider joining AIS!)

Please make some time in your schedule for these workshops. They will run from 12:00 noon to 1:00pm, but I suggest you plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early in order to get a good seat in Alter LL33.

-Prof Shafer

Midterm Exam #1 Review Session Class Capture available

Hi everyone!

Here is the link to the review class capture: http://tucapture.fox.temple.edu/Mediasite/Play/5b6a60b2c03a4ef68beb9fe6e4c4a57f1d.

1:45 – Introduction, discussion about test format
14:00 – Review of sample swimlane diagram
22:00 – Review of sample ERD
26:00 – Explanation and more questions

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kasey

MIS 2101 Exam #1 Review Session

Kasey (Diamond Peer Teacher) be hosting a review session for exam 1 on Monday, September 26th from 3:00-4:30 PM in Alter 603. All sections are welcome!

It will be Q and A, so if you don’t bring questions, it won’t be much of a review!

Also, for students who cannot attend at 3PM on Monday, Kasey will be posting the class capture of the review session.   As always, Kasey will have normal office hours and be available over email (details posted on the class site).  

Please take advantage of the opportunity.

Kasey Brown

Temple University, Class of 2018
Fox School of Business, Honors Program
BBA Management Information Systems
Diamond Peer Teacher, Information Systems in Organizations
kasey.brown@temple.edu