The MIS Department has instituted a PRO points (professional achievement points) requirement for all MIS majors. This class is a checkpoint to ensure that students are focused on this requirement and on track to earn their 1,000 points by graduation. Students in MIS2402 must earn a minimum of 200 points by the end of the semester. Students who fail to earn the required points will receive an “Incomplete” for this course regardless of performance on exams or class participation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If a student fails to earn the minimum number of PRO points within one year from the end of the semester or does not notify their instructor that they have earned the minimum number of points, then their “Incomplete” will be changed to an “F” automatically. The grade of “F” will then be the student’s permanent grade.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to, at a minimum, do the following to earn points:
- Create a Portfolio and have it listed with the department.
- Become an active member of AIS and participate in professional development activities.
- Attend the IT Awards Reception (spring semester only).
- Participate in the MIS Department’s Career Fair.
- Volunteer your time for department-sponsored events.
- Discuss opportunities to earn MIS PRO points for projects with your MIS instructors. Note that students may not request course/project related PRO points more than one year after the end of the semester.
Finally, here are two excellent resources that describe why the MIS professional achievement points are important to you.
Finally, students will be given the opportunity to earn up to 50 MIS PRO points by doing an optional project at the end of the semester. Details about the MIS2402 PRO point project will be announced on the class website.