This course presents the fundamentals of ERP Systems, the business processes they enable and the controls necessary to assure they work properly. You will learn:
- The basic business processes that ERP systems support
- How these processes are implemented with ERP systems
- How to audit SAP through: techniques, methodology, and execution, and
- How to secure and control the processes and systems for the integrity, confidentiality, authenticity and reliability of information.
- Understand business processes and their role in the functioning of an organization.
- Explain what ERP systems are and practice (using SAP) their use to support business processes.
- Demonstrate the relationship between business process operational risks (including fraud) and the resulting integrity, confidentiality and reliability of information.
- Demonstrate IT audit techniques, methodology and execution.
- Appraise and prioritize real world business process operational risks and recommend compensating controls to address the risks. Includes the fundamentals of ERP system controls, security, analysis of segregation of duties (SOD) risks and specifying how to manage them.
- Understand ERP System development and system operation risks and recommend compensating controls.