MIS 5201.001 – Mike Romeu

Change Management Audit Project

Please note that the due date was adjusted.

Your team has been hired by members of CoreTech, Inc. Audit Committee to conduct an assessment of the Company’s IT Change Management process. You will receive or have received an engagement letter outline particular details of the engagement.

You will be required to complete as a team the following:

1. An Audit Program to guide the execution of your engagement – You may use one of the templates provided through our posts, templates available through ISACA, templates you have used in the past, or even one of your own. Just make sure that all elements of the plan are present. The steps you will design should align with what the current control requires. Sampling and test methods must also be included with a brief justification statement.
  2. Work papers that include properly indexed and documented evidence supporting your work
  3. A final report with conclusions and recommendations – Remember that whatever conclusions you provide must be supported by Sufficient, Reliable and Relevant evidence, such that it allows any prudent and informed person, with no previous connection to the audit engagement, to re-perform the tasks performed during the audit engagement and reach the same conclusion.

Due DateMay 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM May 8, 2017 at 11:59

Points to consider:

1. I am impressed by the quality of your work, not the quantity. I know that even the most simplest of audits can generate volumes of documents. I’ve designed this exercise to – hopefully – keep documentation to a minimum.
  2. Given point #1 – clear and succinct communications will be greatly appreciated by your future clients. Consider me one of them. You know that I know that you know (sounds like a line from a comedy movie…) that communicating in a language that is not your native language can be difficult. If you work as a team this should not be a concern. I will not turn into a grammar or syntax police but keep in mind that you will work in a profession that has no borders.
  3.  Speaking of working as a team… I selected members for each team at random. I expect everyone to contribute to the work of the team and that each team will be self-managed. The nature of our profession usually requires us to work with people with a variety of skills and personalities. I expect you to work out any situation that may arise. Identify and address them early enough so that the team does not miss the due date.
  4. Everyone in the team gets the same score based on the results of your work.
  5. Double check your work before you turn it in! One team used Microsoft’s “Track Changes” function – which I use all the time – but forgot to incorporate all the work into a clean document. It contained all the red-lines, blue-lines and comments when I received it… a costly mistake.

I don’t expect this project to be overwhelming in any way. If you feel like that step away from your desk, chair, couch,… whatever, and take a few deep breaths. I want this to be a learning experience, not a torture. Pace yourself and you will do very well.