- You and your team have volunteered to participate in a free community information security clinic (“ITACS Clinic”) and provide support to an under-served small local business
- In a prior meeting your team was introduced to a number of small businesses and community support organizations. At that meeting you did a great job introducing yourself and the service you are offering through the clinic
- One organization that attended the meeting has taken you up on your offer and signed up to meet with you and receive intensive help from your team. Your client knows who you are and there is no need to reintroduce your team during your Team Presentation
- You will conduct your next meeting with your client during your Team Presentation
- Your assignment is to deliver a 15-minute presentation to your client (Prof. Lanter will act as the owner/manager of the business.) During your 15–minute presentation your team is responsible for explaining the following:
1. Information System Security
- Introduce them to the information security objectives we learned in this MIS 5206 class
- Explain how the objectives and impacts of breaches are relevant to a small business like theirs
2. Cyber Security Process
- Describe the process you will guide them through to help them decide how to secure their information and computer systems
- Explain where they are in the process and how the homework assignment you are giving them fits in the process
3. Homework Assignment
- Explain how your client should get started, what they need to work on, and what they need to bring with them to your next meeting
- Provide motivation – Explain why they need to do their homework and what is in it for them?
- Provide details of their homework assignment using a worked-out example or template – So they know how to do their homework
Your team will deliver your presentation during either Unit #13 or #14.
By end of Unit #14 each student should submit to Canvas in PDF format the following:
- Team project PowerPoint slide presentation. Be sure to identify: your client, your Team, and all members of your team in deliverables for both 1 &2
- Homework materials your team prepared for your client. Worked out example &/or template for your client to use in doing their homework
- Your 360-degree review, answering the questions: 1) What you contributed to your team’s project? 2) What each other member of the team contributed to the project?