About Company: AmerisourceBergen Corporation is an American drug wholesale company that was formed by the merger of Bergen Brunswig and AmeriSource in 2001.They provide drug distribution and related services designed to reduce costs and improve patient outcomes, distribute a line of brand name and generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) health care products and home health care supplies and equipment to a wide variety of health care providers located throughout the United States. AmerisourceBergen is a market leader in pharmaceutical distribution handling about 20% of all of the pharmaceuticals sold and distributed throughout the country and ranked 12th on the Fortune 500 list for 2018 with over $153 billion in annual revenue. In terms of revenue (79.49 billion in 2012) the firm is the largest based in Pennsylvania.
- Attended weekly standup meeting and noted down the current status of the running sprints.
- Held meeting with the process owners and created the instructional material for the Business Process Owner (BPO).
- Collected the data for Fusion Health Dashboard process from the project owners.
- Created swim lanes for our client Lash Group.
- Instructions material ( quick reference materials)
- Collected and organized data from instructions book and condensed the information into quick reference book.
- Reviewed with the upper management and improved it based on their feedback.
- Showcased the new improved reference book to the project owners and got approved to be used.
- Map Process
- Created Swim Lanes from 100+ pages word document.
- Created the Swim Lanes using Visio software
- Manager Approved the final product and met the business requirements.
- SIPOC (tool)
- Organized step process for client Service Continuity.
- Gathered information from various documents and used SIPOC tool to organize the data.
- Showed the results to Service Continuity team and were satisfied with the new organized process.
How it Relates?
In my 12 weeks of internship at AmerisourceBergen, I was able to use lots of class knowledge. Such as most importantly Digital Studio. I had to gather information from the meetings and elicited the business requirement. I used the information gathered to create Swim Lanes and use it. I had to present my projects to the upper management in a professional business matter which I learned in the business classes at Fox.