Community Platform
Interests
  • Application development
  • Auditing
  • Blogging
  • Business analysis
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1075 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

The Dangerous House of Pretty Mbane

Last Thursday night I went to see ‘The Dangerous House of Pretty Mbane’, and I loved it.  I thought the actors were moving, and I felt like I was experiencing every emotion possible in such a short amount of time.  First off I loved the small, cozy theatre; it makes you feel more connected to the actors when you’re sitting so close to them.  Going into the theatre I was not entirely sure what the play was about, and I did not think there would be such a strong message behind it.  I think that play like this can move someone to make to a difference, it was informational but extremely entertaining at the same time.

Before seeing this play I was not aware of this going on in South Africa, and I think that more people need to see plays like this that make you aware of the oppressiveness that women are still facing in other countries every day.

I loved the fact that they used the English journalist as the epitome of basically every naive person who is blind to what really goes on in certain areas of the world.  He exemplified how even when a situation is staring you in the face you may not see it for what it is; he didn’t understand why Pretty was asking him about rape, but he should have been asking himself why she is so comfortable asking him that?  Why is she asking it like it is a common thing?  Well, because to her it was.

Overall, I was very impressed and I will definitely be looking up other plays that they hold at the Interact Theatre.

A couple of pictures at the theatre:

10394125_10205964915508359_1462193735597632836_n10955599_10205964915908369_986164586036674032_n

Skip to toolbar