Community Platform
Interests
  • Analytics
  • Application Programming Interface (APIs)
  • Business Intelligence (BI)
  • Cloud computing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1083 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

AmerisourceBergen Internship 2023

AmerisourceBergen logo

Summer 2023 – IT Product Management Intern at AmerisourceBergen

This Summer, I had the opportunity to intern with AmerisourceBergen (AB), a pharmaceutical wholesaler and distributor headquartered in Conshohocken, PA. During my 10 weeks with AB, my time was split across two different teams. First, I supported the AB Force Product team as they began working on a major project related to enhancements of AB’s Salesforce platform. I identified and documented over 700 business processes to be targeted for enhancements in a project which will deliver increased speed, efficiency, and visibility for AB stakeholders and customers. Additionally, I had the opportunity to explore a new process diagramming tool for the team, working with parallel teams to discover potential use cases and best practices.

During the last half of my internship, I supported AB’s Command Center and Inside Sales Center teams. I analyzed Confluence pages of similar teams to identify a working template, which I then applied to 11 new pages for the Command Center space. I updated these pages with Product Requirements specific to Command Center, utilizing a dynamic format which allows for future enhancements to be easily captured. Additionally, I worked with the Command Center Rules Engine team to create an Analytics Dashboard which will allow for near real-time monitoring of Business Rule execution.

Overall, my internship with AmerisourceBergen was a fantastic learning experience which has positioned me well for my future career goals. As an IT Product Management Intern, I was able to learn Agile and Scrum methodologies hands-on while supporting AB’s Customer platforms. I met amazing people across each of the teams that I worked with, and I felt that my work made a meaningful contribution toward achieving AmerisourceBergen’s mission of creating healthier futures.

Skip to toolbar