Community Platform
Interests
Not Available
This Year
No Points
Total
No Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Public Speaking

During my time at the Fox School of Business, I have participated in several of the student professional organizations it offers.  The photo above is from my introductory speech at a meeting of the Temple Toastmasters, an internationally recognized public speaking organization.

Did you know that most people fear public speaking more than they fear death?  I used to be among that group.  I always admired those who were able to exude confidence at the front of a room.  However, when I was abroad, I was required to deliver a monthly speech in my host language.  Not only did speaking in front of people become easier with the consistent practice, but when I returned home, I found that being allowed to present in English removed any remaining nerves I had about it!  Perspective changes everything.

“According to most studies, people’s number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two. Does that sound right? This means to the average person, if you go to a funeral, you’re better off in the casket than doing the eulogy.”  – Jerry Seinfeld

Skip to toolbar