Total
2170 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

2022 TUMCP International Case Competition

Place: 2nd place undergraduate division

Sponsoring organization: Lavazza and Tyson Foods

Details of activity: A one-day case competition. The case was released 3/17 and needed to be submitted within 24 hours. The team presentation was held on 3/19 in the MBA commons in Alter Hall, and we presented to Tyson directors and consultants from other firms. For second place, my team won $800 which will be split four ways.

What I learned: I learned to affect using my time and my teammates’ time considering our schedule conflicts. I split the presentation based on each of our strengths and interest which helped the presentation execute smoothly. We only had 24 hours, so we prioritized the content over the PowerPoint visuals because people are here for information. The main problem that Tyson had was the lack of data on their operators, and they needed to know more about them. From this case, I realized how important data is for businesses to make the right information, and ways to collect data from users if there is a distributor between the manufacturer and the operator.

How the activity relates to coursework and career goals: I want to be a consultant in the future, and this case taught me how to navigate with little information, do the research, and prepare and present the information effectively. The solutions we prepared for the case included error trapping, data visualization tools for operators and meal recommendations based on operation cuisine which relates to the MIS2502 where we visualized and interpreted data and forecasted behavior and recommendations based on past data.

Skip to toolbar