Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 3536

MIS3536: Information Systems Innovation

Tea research assignment

This assignment entailed researching three separate points of view on tea and how it’s rituals contain a special meaning for every individual.

First, I researched the rituals of a British tea ceremony. I discovered that this ceremony contains many unspoken formalities when it comes to an individuals every move. For example, while drinking tea you may never stir tea with your spoon in a circular motion. You start at the 6 o’clock position in your cup and gently move to the 12 o’clock position, when finished put the spoon on the right side of your saucer.

Then I interviewed someone I knew who drank tea, my grand mom. I sat down with her while she told me the process she goes through when making tea. While interviewing her I discovered the reason why she had been drinking tea for so many years was because it created a sort of escape from reality, even for just a few minutes per day.

With a group, I combined my research with theirs and came to the realization that people drink tea to escape reality. We created an app that coincided with a restaurant for our solution. It helped people escape to other countries without really leaving. Click here to view our presentation.

Skip to toolbar