This Year
No Points
Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 2502 Data Analytics

MIS 2502 Data Analytics is a course that has shown me why I am an MIS major. This course has taught me how important data is in a business environment. Data analytics takes on numerous roles in all types of industries. Analyzing data is an effective tool for businesses to utilize. Learning about various types of software has given me a competitive advantage in the business world. During this semester I have learned the basics of programs like SQL, Excel Pivot and SAS.

My SQL software is capable of retrieving records from a vast amount of data. In SQL, I have gained knowledge of simple statements on how to get information out of a database as well as putting information into a database. Using these statements can also create and delete tables as well. Retrieving the small portion of data needed makes analyzing more valuable. This course has also taught me how to use Excel in a new way by demonstrating how to operate pivot tables to illustrate visual data. Data consistency and accuracy is very imperative when creating visual data, using some basic Excel functions can assist in eliminate some of these deficiencies. SAS is a software program that is used by many companies. During our in- class exercises we created a new SAS Enterprise Minor project and explored the data sources within them by creating histograms. We also analyzed this data by using decision trees and clustering analysis.

The knowledge of these programs has enhanced my ability to analyze, interpret and organize data. In this course I have acquired a major appreciation for the importance of data analysis and what it can do for a business. I have thoroughly enjoyed going to this class because every week it became more fascinating. I recommend this class to any MIS major or minor because it educates you with vital information that will be used after college.

Skip to toolbar