I have taken several classes that will help me perform well in my future professional career:
- MIS 2101 – Introduction to Management Information Systems (Spring 2017)
- In this course I gained a concrete understanding of the role of information technology in today’s world. I learned about a number of topics such as customer relationship management systems, enterprise systems, e-commerce applications, transaction processing systems, business analytics, and emerging technologies.
- MIS 0855 – Data Science (Fall 2017)
- During this course I learned how to turn raw data into insight that can help tomorrow’s decision-makers. I also found out how data is stored, organized, and analyzed. I was able to get hands on experience with Tableau to create data visualizations that make presentations more impactful and persuasive.
- MIS 2502 – Data Analytics (Spring 2018)
- In this course I learned how to analyze data and to present insights from business data. I was able to create data models and data warehouses based on various business rules. Additionally, I became proficient in operating and managing a database system and structured query language (SQL).
- MIS 3501 – Data-Centric Application Development (Spring 2018)
- This course helped me learn how to develop web-based data-centric applications using high level programming language. I learned how to use debugging techniques to identify errors and make improvements as well as interpret system requirement specifications and explain technical components including the use of systems development life cycles in creating software applications.