This Year
No Points
Total
2450 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Internship at FIS

This past summer I interned at FIS Global. FIS is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500Index. FIS has also been named the No. 1 overall financial technology provider in the annual FinTech 100 rankings three times running – 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

During the internship I was involved in a variety of fields. I worked as a technician. I helped troubleshoot PC’s, servers, printers, applications etc. I Configured and diagnosed Cradens, special printers for banks. Helped in configuring VLANs, tunnels and other configuration changes on CISCO hardware. Helped get new IP addresses for CISCO DMPs than installed the DMPs on every TV that was owned by FIS. I also input data into excel for the company. I moved employees from one workstation to another. This included unwiring and rewiring the whole PC. Throughout my time at FIS I gained more customer service skills and management skills. Everybody was pleased with my work and enjoyed having me around.

Skip to toolbar