Cara M Evans

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2019

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

The Center for the Advancement of Teaching at Temple University is a resource for faculty to improve their classes and instructional methods. In my role as in Instructional Technology Consultant, I assist the professors who call or come into our lab with any questions they may have about instructional technology tools such as Blackboard and WebEx and offer them solutions for classroom issues they are having which could be solved with technology.

Since starting in this position at the beginning of the Spring 2017 semester, I have learned how to effectively use many new kinds of technology. As a student, we know how to use Blackboard from our end, but seeing it as an instructor is an entirely different process. I learned quickly how to do the main tasks instructors need to do, such as upload files, create assignments and tests, copy courses from a previous semester, merge multiple CRN courses into one section on Bb, configure the grade center, embed videos from Youtube or Ensemble, and utilize Bb tools such as discussion boards, journals, blogs, and groups. I have also learned more about other tools such as WebEx and greatly improved my skills on Adobe and Microsoft Office applications.

I enjoy this position because I feel like I can make a difference and improve our university by showing professors better ways to utilize the technology at their disposal. I believe the quality of the education we receive can be greatly improved with the proper use of the technical tools that are offered and I like to know that I am a very small part of creating a better education for myself and my classmates.