Cara M Evans

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2019

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

Starting in the Summer of 2017, I accepted a position within the MIS Department at Temple, assisting with prospective student management and enrollment for the MS in IT Auditing and Cyber Security and MS in Digital Innovation in Marketing programs. In this position, I normalize and manage the data on our student leads and applicants, incorporating data from multiple sources into one extensive Excel document. I also correspond with students by sending follow-up messages after they have attended an event, and answering questions they may send me about either program.

One of my main accomplishments so far in this position was creating a data summary page in each of our prospect documents. The summary shows how many students are at each stage of the application process, such as starting an application, being accepted, and deposited, and show, of those students, how many are full-time or part-time students, international or domestic, and what their concentration will be in the program. I used multiple Excel formulas to create this page which automatically updates when any changes are made in the main prospect worksheet. I have also incorporated PivotTables to show exactly which states and countries our students are coming from, and the lead source to show how they found out about the program. This helps the program directors be able to know at a glace where the programs stand on admissions, and see where they should invest into more advertising and promotion efforts.

This position, in such a short time, has greatly increased my proficiency in Excel and my communication skills. I look forward to being able to continue my work with the MIS department into the future.