This Year
No Points
Total
3075 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Association for Information Systems Executive Board

Beginning in the Fall of 2017, I was selected to be the Director of Corporate Relations for Temple’s chapter of the Association for Information Systems. This student-run professional organization is the only student organization for MIS majors at the Fox School of Business. As an organization, we help to personally, professionally, and technically develop our members into the strongest professionals they can become.

In my role, I am in charge of planning and organizing AIS’ weekly Speaker Series. This is where we bring in a professional in the IT industry to speak to our members about their experiences and knowledge. Past Speaker Series guests have included professionals from Wal-Mart, QVC, and Campbell’s Soup.

This semester, we are off to a great start! Our students have meet with the professionals from companies like Grant Thornton, EY, Scholastic, and IBM. I also plan and host a weekly sit-down lunch with our guest speaker of the day and a small group of high-achieving members. These lunches are a great networking opportunity for our members and offer the unique experience of face-time with professionals in many different levels of their careers.

Working with the all of the other members of our AIS Executive Board has been an incredible experience so far, and I cannot wait to see what the rest of this year will bring!

Hosting the MIS Alumni Start-Up Panel as part of our Fall 2017 Speaker Series

Skip to toolbar