This Year
No Points
Total
1010 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Work Experience

This past summer, I was an Operations Management Intern at the American Red Cross (ARC). I loved the experience. I love operations because of the big picture that you accomplish every day. What I loved most about my time at ARC is that I was able to analyze the data from previous blood drives to create predictions for future blood drives. Once the predictions were created, I would determine which truck would go where each day and the amount of supplies that each truck gets to achieve their goal efficiently. Since ARC was a non-for-profit, cost minimization was key; we did not have the luxury of sending each truck out with as many resources as possible, we had to allocate effectively to maximize the amount of blood collected each day.

Over the summer of 2015, I was working at Grassroots Campaigns which was located in New York City. Grassroots is an organization that fundraises money for progressive non-for-profit companies, the money was fundraised through canvasing. Canvasing is fundraising money on the street by talking to random people and having them donate to the cause. I was fundraising for Planned Parenthood, I loved canvassing. I am a very social person and being able to talk to people five hours a day was amazing. In three weeks I was promoted to a field manager, where I led teams of canvassers out to the location and would be in charge of motivating the team to reach their separate goals as well as our crew goals. I was also an orientation trainer, which was training the first day canvassers on being able to deliver a compelling message to the people that they were going to meet on the streets that day. This was a fun task since it was the first experience they would have that day and it was all about setting an extremely positive message and motivating them for the whole day.

Skip to toolbar