This Year
No Points
Total
1010 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Cigna; Operations Leadership Program Summer 2017 Full-Time Internship

Throughout this summer, I was living in Bloomfield, Connecticut, working for the health insurance company, Cigna. I was one of four Operation Leadership Interns. Our role was to improve operational efficiency and a focus on project management.

Specifically, I was working within client onboarding and service, and on the Eligibility team. Throughout the summer, I created a Microsoft Access Database that pulled in data from different sources, queried and filtered all the raw data, wrote macros to export the data and made an easy to use interface for the managers and supervisors to use. Once they exported the data, they would use excel templates I created, with Macro’s, to refresh the data each time a new export happens.

The project I worked on lead to a $106,000 annual cost savings. Before the database, each supervisor and manager were pulling and manipulating the data each morning for 30-45 minutes. The new method I created, lowers that to two minutes.

As a team, the interns and I worked on a case study to improve the On-Site health clinics for a Cigna client. We had the opportunity to present our findings & solutions to the Executive Service Operations Leadership team.

Skip to toolbar