Welcome to my eportfolio.

Interning at Genji, Inc

genji_logo

Beginning in early November, 2014, I have been interning at Genji, Inc, a firm in the food and beverage industry serving Japanese-inspired cuisine at over 180 locations in the US and UK. I first learned about the firm and the position at the IT Career Fair held at Fox in the Fall of 2014. I work in the corporate offices located in downtown Philadelphia as a Project Management Intern. Genji, Inc is a subsidiary of Peace Dining Corporation, with businesses that many Philadelphia residents will recognize, including the Genji sushi and sashimi kiosks located inside Whole Foods Markets in and around the city. Genji has recently opened its first stand-alone restaurant, Hai Street Kitchen Co., on 18th Street between Chestnut and Sansom in downtown Philadelphia.

As the Project Management Intern, I work with and report to the Enterprise Project Management Office’s IT Project Manager. The firm has a number of projects underway including expansion to new locations and the implementation of new, company-wide IT solutions. So far, I have assisted in conducting analyses of business processes and documented these processes in workflow documents, created and maintained project schedules, and other documents related to managing Genji’s ongoing projects like risk registers and communication management plans.

I was, and still am, very pleased to be selected for this position, not least of all because of the direct correspondence to the project management principles I’m currently studying in MIS 3535. My experience as a Project Manager leading my team of Business Analysts from MIS 3504 proved invaluable in landing the position and in performing my duties now that I have the job. My experience in 3535 has allowed me to hit the ground running, with a minimum of onboarding time. As a result of taking this course, I’m already familiar with the terminology, techniques, and software tools used by real-life Project Managers. I believe this knowledge has allowed me to become a real asset to my new company.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *