Community Platform
Interests
  • Business process analysis
  • Content management systems
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Database management systems
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
820 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Flash Research: Datacenters

Think Business Interruption, Not Network Downtime

At losses incurred at $14,800 per minute, our Tier I Datacenter lost our organization $25.6 million this past year simply due to outages. I propose a one year investment of $35,000,000 that create a three-year net benefit of $13.3 million.

The losses associated with Tier I Datacenters are a measured certainty; however, these losses can be controlled with equal certainty by upgrading our Datacenter to a Tier III infrastructure. The upgrade would provide redundant power and cooling distribution paths that will be concurrently maintainable. A downed power line or leaky water pipe will not cause our Datacenter to fail. Maintenance and repairs can be achieved without taking any system offline. In an age of Just-In-Time manufacturing, our company’s brand starts with our capacity to deliver products on time and without interruption.

Eliminating the Tier I Datacenter would result in a three-year $35,000,000 benefit. The Tier III Datacenter would incur a three-year cost of $48,307,200. Investing in a Tier III Datacenter will introduce a new level of confidence in our organization’s ability to reach operating initiates, manufacture products, and yield a higher return on investment with a three year net benefit of $13,307,200.

Skip to toolbar