Community Platform
Interests
  • Blogging
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Data analytics
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1155 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Coursework Information

Below you can find some information about some of my favorite courses so far, and how they relate to my career goals and preparation:

Enterprise IT Architecture – Spring 2016

In this course, I’ve had the opportunity to learn about and assess the value of different forms of Information Technology.  As a class, we are learning how each different company’s needs can be met with a well-organized and thoughtfully executed information architecture system.  Our exams and homework assignments involve us taking on the role of an IT Architect for a firm, and convincing our supervisors whether or not a certain piece of IT will be beneficial for our company.  Examples of technologies we have examined include WordPress, Wix, Microsoft Azure, VMWare, Tier III Data Centers, and SharePoint.  You can read samples from my classwork here.

Data Analytics – Spring 2016

The objective of this course is to teach students how to affectively analyze data, and how to present insights from this analysis.  As a student in this class, I have gained skills in SQL, Excel (especially Pivot Tables), Rstudio, and Data Visualization.  This class especially captured my interest because of the opportunities we’ve had to learn hands on, valuable skills. I now understand, to a greater extent, the incredible business value that data intelligence has.

Honors Information Systems in Organizations – Fall 2016

My favorite part about this course was the unique course structure.  The class did not involve traditional lecture style lessons, but instead encouraged conversation and experimentation from the students. I felt far more engaged with the content, and more excited to go to class each day.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I’ll be returning in Fall 2017 as a Diamond Peer Teacher for this course.

Honors Statistical Business Analytics – Fall 2015

When I registered for Stat, I expected it to be a nightmare.  I didn’t have experience with Excel, and didn’t really understand or want to understand the purpose of business analytics. However, I was shocked to find out how much I enjoyed analyzing data and performing statistical analyses. I got an adrenaline rush each time I successfully completed a regression analysis or maneuvered a pivot table! Taking Stat definitely opened the door for me to consider MIS as a major, and my experiences in that class eventually persuaded me to make it official!

Honors Tweens and Teens – Fall 2015

This course, offered as part of Temple University’s General Education Curriculum, examined the challenging, intriguing, and emotional stage of life known as adolescence.  As students in this class, we examined a variety of texts and journal reports relating to the psychiatric development of teenagers and young adults, and participated in class discussions regarding what impact different social climates can have on young people. In addition, we had the opportunity to design, plan, and carry out a research project related to an issue that teenagers deal with, and the impact it has on their growth and development.  For my research project, I examined the importance of sleep for a young person, and considered how modern expectations prevent teenagers from getting a good night’s sleep. This research sparked my interest in data analytics and inspired me to look into a potential major and career in which I could use data on a day to day basis.

Skip to toolbar