Section 003, Instructor: Ermira Zifla

Ermira Zifla

Weekly Question #7: Complete by March 22, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on March 22, 2017. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

Here is the question:

Give an example of a KPI – some sort of metric for performance – that you use on a regular basis? Briefly discuss how it conforms to the SMART criteria.

(For example, my car tells me its average gas mileage. This is specific and measurable – gas mileage is a precise measure. It is achievable – I can alter my driving to try to get better mileage. It’s relevant – gas mileage has an impact on my costs! And it’s time-variant, I can look at gas mileage over a week, or a day, or a month.)

Reading Quiz #7: Complete by March 20, 2017

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on March 20, 2017.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

Weekly Question #6: Complete by March 8, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on March 8, 2017. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

Answer one of these:

We spent a little time in class discussing the article Stupid Data Corruption Tricks.

1. Have you ever made one of the mistakes listed in the article? Describe what happened.
  2. If you haven’t made one of those mistakes, which one of them do you think is the most important to avoid?

Assignment 3: Cleaning a Data Set

Here are the instructions (in Word)   (and as a PDF).  Make sure you read them carefully!  This is an assignment that should be done individually.

And here is the data file you’ll need: VandelayOrders(Jan).xlsx.

When your assignment is complete, please send your files as an attachment to MIS_085.277vkuok275ml5fh@u.box.com from your Temple email account. Make sure that your files contain your last name in the file name. If your email upload is successful, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

If you don’t receive a confirmation email, it likely means your submission was not successful. Try again, and contact me if you’re having recurrent issues.

Your assignment must be submitted by 8:59am, March 20, 2017 to be on time. You can always check the Syllabus for Assignment due dates. Remember, and this is also in the Syllabus:

“Late Deliverable Policy
A deliverable (assignment, weekly question response, or online quiz) is considered late if it is submitted after the beginning of class. No late deliverables will be accepted without penalty, and equipment failure is not an acceptable reason for turning in a deliverable late.
All assignments will be assessed a 20% penalty (subtracted from that assignment’s score) each day they are late. No credit will be given for assignments turned in more than three days past the due date. However, you must submit all assignments, even if no credit is given. If you skip an assignment, an additional 10 points will be subtracted from your final grade in the course. For example, if you do not turn in an assignment worth 5% of the course grade, you will receive no credit for that assignment plus a 10 point penalty, reducing your maximum grade in the course to an 85.”

Office Hours
Ermira Zifla (instructor) 10:00am-12:00pm Wednesdays, Speakman Hall 207C or by appointment.
ITA
Prince Patel (ITA) by appointment only. Email: tug04032@temple.edu