MIS 2101.703 – Amy Lavin – Fall 2018

Weekly Discussion Question #1

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on 9/5/2018. Your response only needs to be about three or four sentences. These weekly questions should reinforce class discussions, readings and show some insight.  

Hint: If you sign into the site using your AccessNet ID and password you won’t have to fill in the name, email and captcha fields when you leave your comment.

Watch the Did You Know Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZiIO0YI7Y  

Comment below on what you thought was the most interesting fact and why. As current or future business leaders, what skills do you think are essential  for success in the digital economy?  How do you think you will incorporate technology into your major and future career?

38 Responses to Weekly Discussion Question #1

• To me, the most interesting fact was how China and India have more honor kids than we have kids. Also, I thought it was interesting how students are being prepared for jobs that don’t even exist yet. The skills that I believe are essential for success in the digital economy are being a fast learner and to have technical skills. In today’s world, you have to be able to keep up with the pace of the new technology and you have to be able to stay in the know since things are constantly changing and improving. I think I will incorporate technology into my major and future career by using and gaining experience with all of the tools and platforms that are readily available to me through school and the workplace.

• in this video there were a lot of information i did not know until this video. From the moment you wake up to going to sleep technology is everywhere, 3.8 billion people use the internet, 20.9 billion devices will be connected to the internet by 2020, 1 in 7 divorces are due to Facebook, 90% of the worlds data has been created in just recent year, India and China have more honor students than we have kids. I feel to be successful in the digital economy you are going to have to have a lot of skills that may not come naturally. I feel that you will have to constantly learn new tools in order to stay relevant, keep up with technology and trends, be able to use the social media networks in order to promote business. I also feel that a lot of useful skills will be changed so that technology will do it and be easier. I think i will incorporate technology into my major is by going into social media marketing since it has to deal with technology and having to constantly keep up with trends it will be easy to keep up to date.

• After watching the video I was surprised to learn that China and India have more honors kids than we have kids. As students and job seekers, we have experienced the threat of competition across education and the workforce just within the United States. As technology advances, the world moves into a global economy, where jobs and competition are connected internationally. It is important as we progress into a global market that American students are aware of the international competition and are able to acquire the skills necessary to work with other corporations and employees around the world.

• After watching this awesome video, I thought it was interesting more than 83 million people were born and they were born into a data economy. I was also interested in the fact that students across the globe are being prepared for jobs that do not or will not exist in the future. I think to know about IS is essential in a digital economy because technology and the internet are all around us. It is used every day. I think I will definitely be taking some courses on how to use all of the various types and ways of technology to help further my career.

• In my opinion, the most interesting fact from this video is that more than 4000 new books are published every day and it is estimated that a week’s worth of the New York Times contains more information than a person was likely to come across in a lifetime during the 18th century. This fact reveals just how far information systems have come in a short period of time. Today, we have access to ridiculous amounts of information and can find it within seconds. This ability to access data quickly and efficiently is definitely an essential skill required to succeed in today’s digital economy. Incorporating technology into my major and future career will be very simple because technology already consumes most of our lives. As I develop in my professional career I know new technology will be developing alongside me. Technology provides everyone with the opportunity to be innovative and successful. We just have to learn how to use it to its fullest potential.

• There are multiple points from the video that shocked me. The first fact that stuck out was that, soon China will be the number one English speaking country. Another point was the drastic expansion in the English vocabulary which has gotten five times larger since Shakespeare. This video truly made an impact in showing how fast paced education is and how quickly the job market is changing. It amazes me that students are being educated on jobs that do not even exist yet. It shows how evolutionary technology is and how our world is becoming centered around social media and technological advances. The amount of time it takes for us to access those technological advances is mind blowing. As a marketing major, I hope that through my education at Temple I can incorporate technology in reaching my future consumer base and effectively use IS systems in doing so. I also hope that through my education I can build my problem solving and analytical skills, which I feel are highly important in today’s digital economy.

• The fact that surprised me the most which i guess isn’t really a fact because who really knows for sure but that 10 Million self driving cars will be on the road in 2020. we’re less than 2 years away from 2020 so big changes must be coming in the next few months. I think education is the biggest tool to help in the digital economy and staying currently. Maybe i’m out of touch with not knowing that there would be so many self driving cars and I need to educate myself. I want my career to be in finance so using technology will always be a big part of my career and making my job easier but doing most calculations for me.

• The video was so interesting till the point I have to watch it over and over again (and shared on Facebook) also. It is truly amazing how much technology has changed our lives. Even I myself can’t see myself without Instagram, google ask, google translate, amazon, etc. I think the most interesting part is students nowsaday are trained to get the future job that is not even existed right now. Also I’m pretty shocked that China will be number one speaking country. I remember visiting China when I was younger and people weren’t interested in speaking english there. I think learning this MIS class will help me so much with my future career of how to apply and use it with my future job. I’m major in accounting so technology can help me update yearly new tax laws and the accounting computer system could help me to do the job easier and better. More than that, if I can open my own tax firm I could use technology as a marketing tool to advertise my business.

• I found the most interesting fact in the video to be that 90% of the world’s data was created in the last couple of years because it is mind blowing that despite the internet being around for decades, data creation grows so exponentially each year that the most recent couple of years are capable of making up such a large percentage of the overall data. To be successful in the digital economy, I think it is pivotal to be adaptable, creative, and forward-thinking. As the video mentions, technological information grows so much each year that it is necessary to be able to quickly learn new strategies to stay ahead of the learning curve. This also illustrates the need for creativity and forward-thinking because problems that aren’t even discovered yet will need solutions, so it is up to business leaders to be resourceful and engaged with IT to develop and plan for future concerns. As a finance and financial planning major, I believe that blockchain technology will become a standard accounting practice that will benefit companies and will ensure reliability of financial statements. As a (hopefully) future investment banker or wealth manager, reliable information informs accurate assumptions and will allow the finance industry to outperform market indexes and allow the best returns for my clients.

• This video was filled with a lot of intriguing facts. I found the most interesting fact to be that over 4.2 billion data records were stolen in 2016. When talking about how AI and the internet will impact the job space it’s evident that more jobs will be created. Just based on this fact, it shows that a newer field of cybersecurity will be needed by all companies. I think in order to be a success in the digital world, I think you need to possess the ability to learn quickly and adapt to change. As we know, technology is rapidly changing and it’s crucial to understand this new technology. My major at the Fox School of Business is Finance and Financial Planning. While we touched on this during our in-class discussion, I think it’s important to note how roboinvestors are making their way into the financial planning world. Personally, I believe that while roboinvestors may be beneficial for the uninformed investor, someone who just built up their 401k for 30 years won’t be so quick to turn it over to a robot. I think learning the different MIS will help me in my major because I will begin to understand how companies operate internally and externally.

• For me, the most interesting fact was that by 2020, there will be 10 million self-driving cars on the road. I find this fascinating because of the colossal number of cars that is, as well as my own uneasiness to trust AI to get me safely to my destination. I think the skills that are essential for success in the digital economy are a willingness to learn and a knack for adaptability. All technology and information around us is changing. I believe that in the digital economy it is going to be very straightforward: you either have to adapt with the times or get left behind. As a marketing major, I would say that I need to keep on learning more and more about technology the best that I can. Using technology to market is becoming very popular and a skill that up-and-coming marketers should really have.

• I thought that the most interesting fact was about how much money Candy Crush makes. I remember the huge craze about it, but its crazy to think that they make over 1 million dollars a day, since it is only a game. I feel that we are in such a data driven world that we don’t even realize how big it really is and that fact really made me shocked. Especially since it is a free game, it means that so many people are paying a ton of money just to get extra lives and earn more candy points (I think that might be what its called). I think that due to the fact that data is such a big part of our generation nowadays that it is essential to have knowledge of technology to be successful, but it is also important to be open to the technology. Someone may be familiar with technology, but if they are not open to keep learning, then they will end up falling behind. I will incorporate technology in my major by possibly adding and MIS minor, so that I become more familiar with business technology and have some basis. In my future career, I will try and incorporate technology in my daily life through learning from others are keeping up with the changing technology in the news.

• The fact I found most interesting from this video was that Apple launched their first iPhone in 2007. I remember my Dad got the very first iPhone within a month or two after its release. When he brought it home I thought it was the craziest and most futuristic looking and functioning device ever. The fact that 2.3 billion plus people own a smartphone now is insane and just shows how Apple’s innovation really changed the smartphone and even smart device business. In my opinion, the major key to being a future business leader is adapting to technology as it evolves. We are in a world where rapid change is taking place every single day. It’s very important to be able to adapt to new devices that will be introduced overtime to make things run smoother and more efficient. I am majoring in Finance so technology will play a big part in the future of my career. I think programs like excel that can use equations to solve problems will be very helpful in the future for me.

• One of the facts that jumped out to me in this video was that the technology we learn about in year one of class will be outdated by the time those students are a junior, or in their third year. I think it’s important as business students, to always be aware of how vastly things can change, and how important it is to adapt to change and embrace it. It’s critical to be in the mindset of continuous improvement, otherwise, old archaic ways and work place cultures will be left behind as the world around them develops. It’s the only way to keep businesses, well, in business. Not only for products and industries themselves, but the way we run businesses as well. We should use this technology to our advantage to work smarter, not harder and focus our energies where it’s needed most.

• I thought the most intriguing fact in the Did You Know video was that the amount of new technical information doubles every two years, meaning half of what a student starting a four-year college degree learns in their first year of study will be outdated by their third year. As a Fox business student entering my second year, I think this fact is important to be aware of in the sense that it establishes the adaptivity and pace of technical data, and the necessity of a student to be able to adapt alongside this data. Moving right into the second question, and beside the ability to adapt, I think one must possess innovativeness to be successful in the digital economy. Since data is always growing and problems that have yet to be discovered will eventually need solutions, I think individuals must constantly be thinking ahead and remain in touch with incorporate technology to be prepared for these occasions. As a finance and financial planning dual-major and (hopefully) a future financial advisor, I plan on always being in touch with incorporate technology. As we touched on in class, the need for financial advisors will always be relevant since robo investors lack the face-to-face interaction the people seek to trust another with their money. I think data and algorithms will be useful by confirming that my own predictions for the markets are accurate and bring positive returns for my clients.

• The most interesting fact that stuck out to me was that new technical information is doubling every 2 years so the time that college students are in their third year half of what they learn will be outdated. To think that everything we learn is already is already in transition to be old news and we have to constantly try and keep up with the new changes. The reason that I found it so interesting is because this is my second year at temple and when I graduate next year, everything that I learned will not matter because something better regarding technology is now being discovered and learned and its a never ending cycle. The skills that I think are essential for success in the digital economy is being able to be receptive to the every changing ideas and being able to pay attention to detail. I will incorporate technology into my career by using social media and websites to get my business name out there.

• The fact from this video that shocked me the most was that approximately half of all information learned in your freshman year of a 4-year program will be outdated by your third year. I think that as a college student this fact has a lot of impact, as it’s something I’ve since thought about as it applies directly to myself. There have definitely been times where I learn things in my business classes and wonder if what I’m being taught will be applicable in my post-grad career, and this information points to the answering being that it truly is a toss up. This leads into what i believe is one of the most essential skills for success in the digital economy– adaptability. We’re seeing more and more that even students in non-technical degrees are somewhat expected to have a working knowledge of modern tech to be able to easily troubleshoot a span of issues, and as technology becomes more ubiquitous this skill will only grow in terms of importance. As a marketing major I think that I will be expected to have base knowledge of computer programs such as the Adobe Suite– even though i have no concentration in graphic design– because a well-rounded and technologically intelligent individual is the one that is sought after right now. I have already started to incorporate technology into my professional life by creating a professional website to be paired with my resume in order to display my technological knowledge to a fair degree.

• in this video there were a lot of information i did not know until this video. From the moment you wake up to going to sleep technology is everywhere, 3.8 billion people use the internet, 20.9 billion devices will be connected to the internet by 2020, 1 in 7 divorces are due to Facebook, 90% of the worlds data has been created in just recent year, India and China have more honor students than we have kids. I feel to be successful in the digital economy you are going to have to have a lot of skills that may not come naturally. I feel that you will have to constantly learn new tools in order to stay relevant, keep up with technology and trends, be able to use the social media networks in order to promote business. I also feel that a lot of useful skills will be changed so that technology will do it and be easier. I think i will incorporate technology into my major is by going into social media marketing since it has to deal with technology and having to constantly keep up with trends it will be easy to keep up to date. It will be hard but with time i feel it will get easier.

• The most interesting fact that I found in the video is 90% of the world’s data was created in the last couple of years. In today’s society, we could find almost everything that we want to know online in a second, i was surprised people created that big amount of data in the short period of the time. The technology impacts the workplace and school even our life in the accelerating rate. I believe as a future business leader, it is our capability to constantly learn new skills and adopt to solve complex problems. As in the video, there have many new job positions available are associated with technology. In my major and future career, I will incorporate technology into my daily schoolwork, like taking note from my laptop, use excels for the math calculations. Using technology will be important in our work career.

• Watching the video, I am amaze that technology could have such an impact on people that it could cause a divorce. Like in the video it talks about 1 n 7 divorces are blamed on facebook, and that facebook is divorce lawyers bestfriend. The video also made me think how technology was not used back in the days, and people could live without it. However, now almost everything is dependent on technology that without it people find it hard to live a day without it. I feel like the skills needed for people working in the business-field is having being advanced in technology and knowing the trends of technology. I am sure I would be incorporating technology in my career because as a Marketing major, it is important to use social media and other technology to advertise customers.

• I think the most interesting fact was “We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist using technologies that haven’t been invented.” I thought this was interesting because it seems impossible to prepare someone for something that does not even exist yet. However, it is being done today. I think that an essential skill to have in the digital economy is the ability to understand multiple technologies or to at least be eager to understand the technologies you do not know. Almost everything currently requires the use of technology which means that, in the digital economy, ignorance is not bliss when it comes to knowing how to work technology. In the future, I plan to own my own business, and one way that I would incorporate technology would be to create its own website.

• After watching this video I found a few things to be very interesting, but the one thing that stood out to me was that robots would replace 5 million workers by 2020. I found this interesting because technology is growing at high speed and while we as consumers instead do human to human deals we have to get used to dealing with robots and Artificial Intelligence, We have gotten so used to shopping through the internet, I believe sooner, or later malls will close down. Also, a new trend that I have noticed is that banks are going with more online deposits, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see robotic bank tellers eventually. In the digital economy, you have to be quick to jump on new trends as well as try to do something extra then the next person to draw customers towards you. I believe that every career path will have a technological upgrade and this will cause the education system to evolve with it. As it has so far with eBooks, online schooling, and video lectures. It’s a great time to be alive to have the opportunity to play around with all the new technology of today and tomorrow.

• One of the most interesting parts of this video for me was finding out that by 2020 video will account for about 80% of all internet traffic. The saying “just YouTube it” is going to be the norm for many decades to come. It is super important to understand this trend in the business world. MIS will have a huge role in this in order to make sure that these systems that are being put into place are successful because this market is going to have enormous profits. Without effective systems in place companies are going to be demolished in seconds when competing with YouTube or Netflix. It is also important to realize the increase of internet traffic for a marketing perspective. Gone are the days of just putting ads in newspapers. The marketing strategies of companies must look into this new trend and focus on planning to market in videos.

• The most interesting fact to me would be the rate at which the amount of internet users is growing. The video estimated that over 3.8 billion people currently use the internet with an expected 20.8 billion devices to be connected to the internet by 2020. As a future business leader, I believe adaptability , problem solving and critical thinking are great skills to have. With major growth being seen in internet usage I believe this is a great time for businesses to tap into the e-commerce market but to be versed in the disadvantages it may bring such as the uncertainty of e-reputation and data security and have measures in place to prevent those factors from affecting their business. With over 4.2 billion data records stolen in 2016 alone, I think it is great to have knowledge on data encryption. I believe education is constant as new things are being discovered and created every day so I am not surprised that half of the things that I have learnt as a third year finance student are already outdated. That is why I agree with preparing students for jobs that do not even exist as yet because it is better to predict problems so that you are equipped to solve them if they arise.

• The most interesting fact to me was that at the rate technology is advancing in the world, the information we as students learned our first year is already outdated by our third year of schooling. I think that information alone shows how we as students and current/future business leaders will constantly need to be learning and understanding the technology of the world and understand that it is continuously growing and expanding. The software, applications, and technology we use today may be very different than that of what we use 2, 3, 5 years from now, so we must always be ready to adapt to the new technology of the world. I think technology will play a huge part in my major and especially my future career because it is so essential in connecting with other people, businesses and the world, today.

• The entire video was interesting to me. I have never really sat down and thought about how much modern technology has advance in such a short span of time. People use Facebook everyday like it is part of their daily routine, when it has only been around since 2004. The fact that over 3.8 billion people use the internet on a daily basis is not as shocking today as it would have been about 15 years ago. As current and future business leaders, I strongly believe that people need to be computer savy and stay connected to modern technology if you want to remain relevant. As the slogan stated at the end “Shift Happens” and you should want to be apart of that shift because things around us are rapidly changing rather we want them to or not so it’s best to be prepared.

• Overall, the entire video was very informative and shows the amount of information technology changes over the last decade. Out of the many interesting facts that stood out was the amount of big data collected over the last two years. I watched this video as I was watching the hearing on Capitol Hill today as Sheryl Sandberg from Facebook and Jack Dorset from Twitter were testifying during the hearing. The amount of data that is collected from these two companies is great and does not include other companies such as Google. Big data and artificial intelligence are positioning in business as the future for businesses to make marketing decision and monetary gain.

Moving forward with education, technology is moving into every business from small to large corporations. Basic skills and knowledge of the programs and how they work are essential for every business leader to understand as this pertains to an aspect of their business. If leaders, managers, owners, etc., understand how to leverage this technology, businesses can grow exponentially and potentially surpass competitors.

After only two weeks in this MIS class, adding more technology courses to my degree plan is essential to stay a step ahead of competitors in the job market. This will help me market myself to employers and provide added value as a candidate. As the video says, technology change is rapid and what a student learns as a freshman will be outdated by the time the student completes their junior year. Therefore, maintaining a continuing education plan post university study will help graduates and employees maintain up-to-date skills in current and future technology trends.

• There are numerous facts presented in the video that I found interesting; from the rate of honor students in other countries to the prediction of robots taking over 5 million jobs in less than 2 years. What I cannot say I’m surprised about is the amount of control technology has on our society. In fact, I somewhat loathe the amount of power technology has. The video says in the very beginning, from the minute we wake up to the minute we fall asleep we are connected to some sort of device. We depend so heavily on them. I sometimes miss the days where people didn’t walk around with their device in hand, head down, eyes glued to their screens. On the contrary, there are many benefits to technology. The connection it forms between people all over the world is incredible. For me personally, my entire family is in New York and although it’s not a trip that requires airfare, it is awesome to see my family face-to-face on my phone or laptop. FaceTime and skype is such an amazing feature of technology that I think goes undervalued. Even for businesses, it saves companies thousands, if not millions of dollars when you can utilize these tools. Nonetheless, I believe technology has also created society to have a greater lack of people skills. One can hide behind their computers or devices and create a false image of how they want people to perceive them, rather than showing who they really are.

• It was extremely hard to pick what I thought would be the most interesting fact in this video, but If I had to pick it would be that the bitcoin cryptocurency price has breached the $4000 mark because I was unaware that bitcoin was that popular! As a business professional I believe that it is essential to take classes like MIS and learn about information technology. Older professionals in the field who did not have these classes or the opportunity to learn about the digital economy are at a major disadvantage.There is so much technology I will have to learn as an accounting major in regards to accounting software and various accounting information systems. I suppose now I should research and learn about bitcoin as it might become a widely accepted form of currency in the future.

• When I was watching the video, I became a little scared with the possibility of being replaced by robot or that a huge percent of jobs will be replaced in the near future. I believe it though. Its going to be like flubber where technology was able to make breakfast and deliver it to people. The corporate world is driven by analytics so as soon as robotic innovation can out perform humans jobs will be placed for robots. In class we talked about the connection that must be there to adapt to change and be at the forefront which brought me comfort. Technology is coming soon to replace uber drivers which just recently came on the scene. Uber has already been producing driverless Uber cars. The delivery driver may lose his job. I hope that they help transition the people out of work to new areas where they are needed. The dramatic 16 billion dollar increase that the internet is getting ready to make is ridiculous. This does make sense because the living generations will all use the internet unlike the high baby boomer generation that does not use the internet right now. In the future you must stay in tune to these changes to stay ahead.

• This video highlighted some eyeopening statistics regarding technology. The video proves that we live in a world filled with technology, and our society is only going to continue to follow that trend. As a marketing student, this made me realize how many tools there are on the internet that can be used to market. The most interesting statistic to me is that 500 million tweets are sent per day. This fact is shocking, but it reinforces the fact that most people spend large portions of time on the internet. As a future business leader, I believe it is essential for one to be caught up and familiar with popular social media sites, and to be able to craft a professional and effective social media presence in order to have success in the digital economy

• This video highlighted some eyeopening statistics regarding technology. The video proves that we live in a world filled with technology, and our society is only going to continue to follow that trend. As a marketing student, this made me realize how many tools there are on the internet that can be used to market. The most interesting statistic to me is that 500 million tweets are sent per day. This fact is shocking, but it reinforces the fact that most people spend large portions of time on the internet. As a future business leader, I believe it is essential for one to be caught up and familiar with popular social media sites, and to be able to craft a professional and effective social media presence in order to have success in the digital economy. Furthermore, I believe that i will be able to use social media and technology to further my marketing career by reaching out to untapped markets.

• The most interesting fact of this video for me would be how the amount of new technical information is doubling every 2 years. To put that into perspective it tells us that half of what students learn while pursuing a degree will be outdated by their third year of study! Going off of information like this, I think the number one skill all business majors will need is adaptability. To be able to absorb and learn how to grow with the ever changing world. Just like how marketing has changed due to social media platforms. If you do not learn to take advantage of these new systems and platforms that people are using you will find yourself dead in the water. Hopefully by staying current on trends and up to date with technology, I can stay ahead of the crowd and learn to utilize every medium possible to project my business in the best way. Nothing is going to stop technology from growing and changing so without an open mind and ability to adapt to your environment, success may never come.

• Even while ignoring the argument about the legitimacy of the statistics and the merit of the numbers contained in the video, we can not ignore the increasingly alarming trends that these excerpts present, as they are observed in every-day commerce and the economy as a whole. (I apologize for my critical and sometimes cynical nature, and it is meant as no personal attack towards the creator of the video.) Most big box stores utilize self-check out processes, or AI identification systems when you walk through their doors. For example, if a person is caught stealing from Target, this person is red flagged. On their next visit, (which i would not advise), the camera scanning every face that enters the building will then identify a customer that has been red flagged, and send security a picture of that person to allow them to escort the appropriate person out of the store. A felonious colleague of mine made me aware of this technology, and I was shocked to learn of its efficacy. More surprisingly has been the smaller regional fast-casual restaurants utilizing kiosk based ordering systems. These systems are relatively new and used by businesses large and small. The big box stores utilization of these technologies should come as no surprise, as they have endless resources to create and implement such technology. The alarming piece, for me personally, is the utilization of the technology by much smaller companies realizing these systems, a trend that identifies the affordability, and the justification of return on investment whether it be in real dollars in return of productivity, maybe in incorrect orders, or even the opportunity cost of their employees to perform a different task within the business. Additionally, the video presents statistics that help identify the increasingly globalized economy and the effects it is having outside of the United States. English has been dubbed the “international language of commerce”, so it comes as no surprise that many other countries, where a lot of our business services and products are outsourced to, are learning english at a much higher rate than in years past. Conversely, these emerging markets will create a large pool of new companies that will require tech services and other I.S. services for business in the more developed countries to capitalize on. The one statistic in the video I wholeheartedly believe, without hesitation, is the idea that by the time a college student is a Junior, the tech information they learned as a freshmen is already outdated. With that in mind, I very much appreciate the approach of this class in trying to use real time articles and information rather than information gathered years ago to be published in a textbook. I feel the tactical approach by Temple in regards to tech is very progressive and pragmatic and will help keep students, maybe not “ahead of the curve”, but as close to “on the curve” as possible in this setting.

• After watching this video, I think the most interesting fact was that 1 out of 7 divorces are blamed on Facebook. This is an enormous number, and it is very interesting to see how technology can affect real relationships. Some of the statistics in the video, like the one about divorce, are disheartening. For example, by third year of college, 47% of what we have learned is basically irrelevant. This is discouraging, but also exciting to see how quickly this technology revolution is moving. I believe the technology revolution will be much different than others (i.e.- Industrial Revolution) because as new technology is developed, it increases the efficiency of all the technology around it and I am curious to see where this world will be in the near future. I believe essential skills that we must have are being tech savvy (obviously) and understanding that technology is very complex and must be treated that way. Since my major is marketing, I think this technology will be incorporated mostly, if not solely, in digital marketing.

• By watching this video, I am learning that billion of children are born every day and also billions of people die every day. 1 in 7 divorces by using Facebook. Data is very important to our lives today, it tells us every number of everything around the world, so we can use it to make decisions to prevent any problems will happen in the future. Most people are going online to looking for what happening and also learn new things.

• The fact that I found to be most interesting was that there are over 3.5 billion searches on google every single day. That number just seems so incredibly astronomical to me and also makes me a bit happy considering that 30 years ago if you had a question you’d have to go to the library to find out whereas today we have a vast resource of information at our fingertips. The skills that I think are most important in a digital economy are that of being adaptable and interpretive. With technology changing rapidly, it is essential our future workers have the adaptability to be handed new tech and then be able to integrate it efficiently into their systems. Good interpretation is essential as well in the aspect that being able to collect more and more research and data is only as useful as the people who can break it down to understand how to properly use it. I myself believe that I will be incorporating technology in to my future career and major all the time. In finance there are tons of new tech coming out that will make evaluation analysis and time value of money analysis much more accurate and more applicable. I will constantly be looking to the tech world at new improvements and will always try and find a way to apply them to my job to make it more effective. For example, a breakthrough in 5G tech could be applied to finance in a tremendous amount of ways. People will have more access to high speed internets than ever before. People all over the world will be able to participate in trading exchanges and markets instead of being stuck at their desks.