MIS 3538.001 – Prof. Kimberly Jaindl

About

kimberly-jaindl-2017

Instructor: Kimberly Jaindl

Hello, social media innovators! I’m an adjunct faculty member with a full-time day job in the greater Philadelphia area. You may call me Professor Jaindl, and you can learn more about me and my professional experience via LinkedIn and Twitter.

I’ll look forward to meeting with you in Alter 232 on Wednesdays from 5:30 – 8:00 PM. I travel periodically for my day job, so please be aware that we may adjust class discussion topics and assignments noted on this site throughout the semester as necessary.

Course Description

In Social Media Innovation, we review concepts and principles related to social and digital media. Through a combination of readings, discussion, presentations, and group projects, we examine (i) why social media is critical to brands; (ii) how organizations and individuals can use social media to achieve their goals; (iii) the role of centralized, decentralized, and crowd-sourced online information resources.

Syllabus

The course syllabus content is provided on this site and will be updated throughout the semester with details on the learning environment; evaluation and grading; class preparation and participation; weekly readings and exams; and group projects. The “SCHEDULE & WEEKLY READINGS” page will be refreshed regularly to reflect current reading assignments.

Contact

The best way to reach me is via email. I will answer all student emails within two business days at kimberly.jaindl@temple.edu. Do not expect immediate response to emails, particularly on weekends. Please also consider whether your request is appropriate for email or best addressed in person or on the phone. While I won’t have set office hours, I may elect to make meeting time available on the phone or on Temple’s main campus as needed, within reason and at my discretion.

Email: kimberly.jaindl@temple.edu
Office: Speakman 207-H (Adjunct Faculty Guest Office)
Office Hours: By appointment