No Points
Total
2085 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Consumer & Buyer Behavior – Spring 2017

Consumer & Buyer Behavior – Spring 2017

I am currently in MKTG 3596: Consumer Buyer Behavior. This course is required for any Temple University student attempting to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. This is a writing intensive course, where several papers are written and critically evaluated.

This class teaches students to understand influences on consumer behavior, the consumer decision-making process, the nuances of marketing research and how to apply these things to real life marketing scenarios.

When I signed up for this course, I was not sure how useful it would be. I understood that getting the consumer to buy was the purpose of marketing, but I did not think studying buying behaviors for an entire semester would be interesting. I was wrong.

Thus far, we have learned about how to market when there are cultural differences, the various spectra that describe a culture, the American population’s generations and their characteristics, verbal and non-verbal cues, and we have written on how specific companies target their market based on demographics and psychographics. All of this will be immensely helpful when I am working in marketing in the future. When my client tells me they want to target 40-50 year old men, I will immediately know how to begin and what type of angle to take. Moving forward, I am excited to continue learning how to apply these theories to the real world.

Skip to toolbar