Here are some writings that should useful for anybody who wants to make decisions in an organizational setting:
- The Right Time to Take Action?
A decision when to take an action can be just as important as the action that is taken.
- The More You Measure Them, the More They Will Game You
The summary of my study of people analytics with Marta Stelmaszak.
- The Beauty and Perils of Metrics
Good decisions need data but cannot escape intuition – we need both!
The following writings are aimed at research students:
- Research Paper as Academic Storytelling
A research paper must follow many boring rules and norms of the scholarly community — and yet it is useful to view academic publishing as telling of engaging stories.
- Academia Should Learn from Software Development
Academia should learn from software development to make empirical research a truly collective endeavor.
- How to Manage Your Research Data?
Avoid turning your research into an administrative nightmare with a MInimal Data Archival System (MIDAS).