Intranet Content Analyst Intern – Temple University Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides customer-focused technological support, resources, and innovative solutions in alignment with academic, research, and administrative goals. Our systems serve a wide range of populations conducting business with the university, such as prospective students and applicants (and their parents), current students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees, emeriti, vendors, and authorised university guests. ITS oversees the entire university and Temple Health networks, including wireless access in student housing and across campus, phone systems and a wide array of academic, instructional, and administrative technology resources and systems used across the university.
I work for the Application Support Services department on the University Portal team. Some of my key responsibilities include:
- Design and test over 10 website pages for Temple University departments to be displayed on the University portal
- Lead client meetings to review needs and devise a website design plan
- Document processes to design web pages within an open-source enterprise portal Liferay
Associate Consultant – Optimise Consulting Group
Optimize Consulting Group is a student-run consulting group and subset of AIS that provides non-profit organisations with pro-bono business and technology consulting services to improve the Philadelphia community. Our unique approach prioritises client relationships, offering personalised solutions to the most challenging problems.
Areas of Practice:
> Data management: Assesses the quality of data and the effectiveness of the data.
> Cloud service: Transition computing resources such as databases and application hosting to cloud platforms.
> Risk mitigation: Identify, evaluate, and prioritise potential risks associated with business processes.
> Process Improvement: Implement effective and efficient processes to transform business functionality and user experience.
Additionally, my responsibilities include:
- Identify and deliver technological solutions to Philadelphia based non- profits to streamline and expand current operational capabilities.
- Facilitate implementation of various software tools geared towards optimising end to end user experience
- Create and present deliverables aligned with client expectations that detail progress and success in the project.
Orientation Leader – Temple University New Student and Family Programs
Owl Team Leaders work with university staff, new students, and each other to create a positive, welcoming, and inclusive atmosphere for new students and their family members during summer orientation programs and beyond.
Each Owl Team Leader works closely with small groups of new students to facilitate group activities and discussions to assist students in their transition to Temple University.
In this position, Owl Team Leaders practice group facilitation and teamwork strategies, build interpersonal and intrapersonal competence, develop critical thinking skills, learn more about their own leadership style, and serve as positive role models and representatives of Temple University.
Additionally, some of my responsibilities included:
- Lead 30 different groups of 15-20 incoming first-year students and families at Temple University.
- Facilitate conversations with new students and families about transition to Temple University
- Assist with organisation, preparation, implementation, and evaluation of New Student Orientation Programs.