Wawa, Inc., a privately held company, began in 1803 as an iron foundry in New Jersey. Toward the end of the 19th Century, owner George Wood took an interest in dairy farming and the family began a small processing plant in Wawa, Pa, in 1902.
I started a Business Intelligence internship at Wawa HQ in Media, PA over the Spring of 2017. I was responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the Business Intelligence Development teams. Primary responsibilities include working with senior member to execute the technical tasks that are assigned in the development of Microstrategy reports, dashboards and data loads using Python scripts and SQL.
I answered directly to the Senior SAP Architect. Mainly I used Business Explorer (BEx) creating and editing queries to then upload into Microstrategy. BEx Analyzer is an analytical, reporting and design tool embedded in Microsoft Excel. In BEx Analyzer, you can analyze and plan with selected InfoProvider data using the context menu or drag and drop to navigate in queries created in BEx Query Designer. Many of my other responsibilities were the following:
- Monitor reports, dashboard performance through enterprise manager
- Assist with ad-hoc technical support to the user community
- Work with senior members to convert dashboard from Web to IOS device
- Assist Senior SAP BI Architect in the development of Microstrategy Reports and Dashboards
- Assist the team with testing reports and dashboards that are being developed by the team