Data Analyst Intern
I worked in the Business Intelligence and Analytics team of Fidelity Fund and Investment Operations Technology (FFIO) group. I was given the opportunity to use my business analysis, design, coding, user interface design, data modeling, and SQL query development skills.
- Design and create a set of dashboards to display Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for 100s of Jobs that run at various frequencies daily, monthly, and intraday
- Users were able to analyze and identify the periods where resources are available so their Jobs can be run without any resource conflicts.
- Design and create Persona dashboards to understand the use of FFIO group reports and dashboards by employee roles.
- Created a context diagram for FFIO that included three of their main applications to describe the process flow along with the technology stack used for the applications.
- Created a presentation that summarized the work done and demonstrated the dashboards to the FIFO team.
- Developed dashboards using agile methodology and participated in daily scrums and Program Increment (PI) planning sessions.
- Reviewed FFIO AWS cloud migration plans that included security controls, governance, and technologies used for creating next generation visualization frameworks using EKS and Angular technologies.
I was able to build my Tableau and SQL skills which I had learned in the Data Analytics course. In addition I was able to apply my knowledge of process flow diagrams from MIS 2101 and created a visualization framework for the group. Many of the technical skills that I have learned over the past two years in the MIS program were applied and built upon.