Amy Dinh

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2021

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

In spring 2019, I was given such an incredible opportunity through AIS to attend URBN office. I felt very fortunate to be able to attend this because I normally shop at many of URBN companies such as Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Free People. Here, we had recruiters of the IT department show us around their campus. Following that, we attended a meeting involving the AIS members on this trip and employees of the IT department. We learned what we can do within the department with our majors as well as ask them questions. Moving forward to fall 2019, AIS invited the Chief Information Security Officer at URBN to a speaker series. This day, I learned a lot about the opportunities I can do within information security, which I never thought about participating in before. Following that day, I was able to connect with the CISO at URBN on LinkedIn! Through these experiences, I have a better understanding of the possibilities there is at URBN, and hope to one day intern for this company.