Community Platform
Interests
  • Agile
  • App development
  • Application development
  • Application Programming Interface (APIs)
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1015 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Experience

Travelers Insurance, Hartford, CT                                                                                                                             June – August 2021

Actuarial Leadership Development Program Intern – Claim Business Intelligence & Analytics Model Monitoring

• Utilized Qlik Sense to create model monitoring dashboard examining how 7 predictive models interact in the non-fraud workers’ compensation space
  • Created display in Qlik Sense representing high level metrics of model performance across Claims  in a centralized location, increasing efficiency and ease of analysis
  • Captured 34% of market made up of 5 competing insurers in Intern Case Competition by utilizing variable selection and adjustment to price auto insurance policies

ReCollection LLC, Oxford, CT                                                                                                                                February 2021 – Present

Founder & Sole Proprietor

• Founded and registered ReCollection LLC, a small business transforming t-shirts with sentimental value into blankets, bucket hats, masks, etc., saving fabric from landfills
  • Track and budget $400+ of transactions; operate POS systems Square and Venmo
  • Design, sew, package, and deliver/ship custom and premade products

Temple University, Philadelphia, PA                                                                                                                   January 2020 – Present

Academic Tutor & Zoom Facilitator – Resnick Academic Support Center

• Tutor 30+ student athletes, providing 1:1 instructional guidance to improve subject matter competency, with extra instruction before quizzes, exams, and finals
  • Facilitate Zoom calls of 40+ participants, remain knowledgeable about relevant policy, answer questions from new tutors

White Ayr Farms, Washington Depot, CT                                                                                                           Seasonal 2020 – Present

Farm Hand

• Collaborate with team of 4 to throw and stack 10,000 hay bales per season on family owned farm

I feel that my internship at Travelers has prepared me the most for my professional career. The team that I interned with at Travelers followed an Agile framework, which I had never been exposed to before my internship. Through this team, I learned how to write user stories, assign story points, participate in daily stand ups, and more. Additionally, I worked deeply with the Qlik suite and was trained in both QlikView and Qlik Sense. In addition to the knowledge I gained from my internship, I also gained professional connections through networking opportunities such as mentorship programs, a Women’s network, and intern social events.

Skip to toolbar