Technology Risk Consulting Intern
- Technology Risk Consulting Intern – EY
- Support Staff and Senior consultants on two different engagement teams through data preparation, evidence analysis, and documentation for SOC Reports.
- Collected, documented, and analyzed evidence from walkthroughs meetings with the client, drew conclusions on effectiveness of 15+ controls testing the security of the client’s systems and processes. Performed data preparation of 15,000+ data points in Excel, increasing efficiency and ease of analysis. Interfaced with multiple clients through virtual meetings, emails, and preparation of Request List.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- Through my summer at EY, I had the opportunity to test first-hand the controls that clients had in place in their systems to decrease fraud, human error, and other risks to the security and functionality of their systems and data. This called upon knowledge knowledge I gained in MIS 2901 such as reading and constructing flow charts, in addition to knowledge from MIS 2502 such as how transformations are performed on data.